The Earth & Sky Pagan Camp-Out
Friday, July 22 – Sunday, July 24, 2022
In-person at the Longhouse in Redmond
23301 NE Redmond-Fall City Road ~ Redmond, WA
(with an online ritual SUN night at 7:45pm Pacific)
SITE / EVENT CULTURE NOTES ~ PLEASE READ:
This event is created and presented in perfect love and perfect trust; the site will be considered sacred space throughout the event. Event attendees may attend as many or as few of the scheduled activities as they choose. Any participant who violates the safety of the space or others, or violates the law, will be asked to leave immediately.
The site will be clothing-optional (which does mean optional ~ clothes or no clothes, it’s all good).
There will be an Aphrodite/Pan Shrine available for those participants 18+ ~ no exceptions.
The main ritual Saturday night in the Sean Ciall tradition will be skyclad for all ritual participants.
Event attendees may choose not to attend the main ritual but spectators are not allowed.
All other events are clothing-optional rather than required skyclad.
MASKING AND VACCINATION GUIDELINES
As a community, we care for each other, and there are people in our community and among the Longhouse residents who have risk factors for complications from covid infection or who are under age 5 and have not yet completed their vaccine series. Currently circulating variants are more transmissible than previous variants.
- If you aren’t feeling well, please stay home and participate online (see below for information.)
- If you start to feel unwell while on-site, please go home.
- Please take a rapid antigen home test before coming on site, if at all possible, and stay home if it is positive even if you feel well.
- We continue to ask that anyone over age 5 who attends OLOTEAS events in person be vaccinated against covid.
If you choose not to have a covid vaccine, we ask you to participate online only.
(There is an online Zoom ritual at 7:45pm Sunday. See the Next Event page for Zoom link.)
- While on the Longhouse grounds, we ask that you remain masked in all indoor spaces except the pool room and Shrine. Masking outdoors is strongly encouraged except while eating or swimming, and masking is required in the Workshop Tent given necessary proximity to others in that space.
- The Pan/Aphrodite Shrine, when open, is available for one party at a time only. If the door is closed, assume the space is in use. When leaving the Shrine, please leave the door open for air circulation.
Please observe these Site Rules during the ESP Camp-Out
- Please keep noise to a conversational level between the hours of 10 p.m. and 9 a.m.
- No use of cameras or other picture-taking devices.
- No firearms, alcohol, or illegal drugs allowed on site. (We’ve been asked about onsite medical marijuana use. If you have a prescription, you may partake in your own vehicle. Sharing with others or open use onsite is not allowed. Thank you for your understanding.)
- No pets except service animals.
- The site is clothing-optional at this event—you may wear clothes or no clothes as you prefer.
- No personal fires allowed. Camp stoves are allowed in the Camping Spaces and Outdoor Kitchen.
- Supervise your children at all times. Children of all ages are welcome, but are present at the discretion and under the direct responsibility of their attending adults. The rituals may contain mature themes that may be inappropriate for some children.
- Shower (with soap) before entering the pool. Be sure to wash off any body paint or adornments. (There is no hot tub this year.)
- In case of a medical emergency, call 911. In case of medical mishap, call for first aid using radios located at the registration booth or Outdoor Kitchen. Self-service first aid (band-aids, etc.) are located at the Outdoor Kitchen and outdoor restrooms.
- Confine all sexual activity to the Aphrodite / Pan Shrine (ages 18+ only) and your personal tents/vehicles. No sexual activity in the pool.
- We ask that all who choose to see the weekends’ rituals participate, which means at minimum standing in the circle and being respectful of what is going on (no spectators).
- Out of respect for the dusk ritual, please do not enter or leave the site by car from 8:00 to 10:00 pm Saturday night.
- If you violate site rules or the law, the Event Staff reserve the right to expel you from the site.
- For more information, please email us at OLOTEAS (at) oloteas (dot) org.
Directions to the Longhouse:
Take 520 eastbound to the Redmond Way/Fall City (WA 202) Exit. Turn right at the light at the end of the off ramp. Go approximately 5 miles on Redmond-Fall City Road. Driveway is on the right, 23301 (directly across from SmartStop Self Storage). If you pass Albertson's, you have gone about 100 yards too far. When you first pull into the drive you should immediately see a large wooden sign that says The Longhouse; if you don’t you are in the neighbors’ drive.
NOTE for your drive home:
The westbound onramp to SR 520 from 202/Redmond Way will be closed and detoured for light rail construction April–August.
Maps of the closures and detours at the link:
Construction alert: Downtown Redmond Link Extension
Our Lady of the Earth and Sky
Mailing address: 12345 Lake City Way NE #195 Seattle, WA 98125-5401
Longhouse address: 23301 NE Redmond-Fall City Road, Redmond, 98053
Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/oloteas/
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/oloteas/
Discord server: https://discord.gg/CJKsksmDED
Email: OLOTEAS (at) oloteas (dot) org