Our next event is:
Saturday, October 23, 2021 -
Mixed Online AND Outside at Meridian Playground park
Our Lady of the Earth and Sky invites all to join us for our October services!
In addition to the online workshop and ritual this month, we are also meeting at the Meridian Playground park in Seattle for an in-person ritual.
Where: Online on Zoom. In-person at Meridian Playground park (see below for in-park location)
The mixed online and in-person timing is designed for online workshop and then a choice between online or in-person ritual -- rituals will not be the same but share the theme of observing Samhain.
As is our tradition, during our Samhain services we read the names of those who have passed in the previous year whose memory we wish to honor.
- If you wish to submit names to be read, please add them to this Google doc by 5:00 PM, FRIDAY OCTOBER 22
- PLEASE include pronunciation information if it is not obvious
- Names will be read as part of the October OLOTEAS rituals, both online and in person
Saturday Oct 23 Online Events:
Pacific Time Zone (UTC-7)
2:00 Young Adult & Occult Discussion: Topic Death and the Afterlife (For YA&O, go directly to Discord platform: https://discord.gg/5t46a9y)
2:45 Zoom meeting opens
3:00 Zoom Opening Circle (with Stephanie)
3:15–4:45 Zoom Workshop: Magickal Alphabets, Runic Languages, and the Magic of Symbolism (with Tarrent)
5:00 Zoom Ritual: Visiting with the Beloved Dead (with Jayson)
6:00 Zoom Closing Circle (with Robert)
6:30 Zoom meeting closes
<<See Descriptions Below>>
Zoom Meeting link – [See Next Event page for link]
(If it tells you that you need a passcode, use samhain - all lowercase)
- Feel free to join the Zoom link for the whole day or for any part of the schedule
- When joining, you are Muted w/ No Video – unmute and/or show video as you will, or just listen
- In line with our usual site guidelines and culture, please don't record the event meeting
Saturday Oct 23 In-Person Events:
Pacific Time Zone (UTC-7)
6:45 In-person gathering starts (See below for in-park location)
7:00 In-Person Ritual: Grief into Growth (with Stephanie)
<<See Descriptions Below>>
- The in-person events on Saturday evening are all-outdoor in Meridian Playground park.
- Restrooms directly in the park may or may not be open.
Covid-19 infection can be spread by vaccinated people and by people who are infected but have no symptoms.
- We ask all in-person attendees over the age of 5 to wear a face mask over their mouth and nose at all times.
If you don't have your own, masks will be available.
- As a community, we care for each other. Our events are inclusive of children who are too young to be vaccinated against Covid-19. If you are eligible to be vaccinated but have chosen not to be, for the safety of yourself and others, please attend our online services instead of attending the in-person part of the event.
- OLOTEAS staff are all fully vaccinated and are wearing masks.
Descriptions of Online events:
2:00–2:55 pm: Young Adult & Occult Discussion Group: Death and the Afterlife
Young Adult & Occult is a space for Pagans in their late teens and early twenties (roughly 15-25) to build community and learn together that is held monthly at OLOTEAS events (and sometimes offsite). At this month's Young Adult & Occult: We will have a group discussion about beliefs and practices around death and the afterlife.
Go directly to Discord platform: https://discord.gg/5t46a9y
2:45 pm Zoom meeting opens – [See Next Event page for link]
3:00 pm Zoom Opening Circle (with Stephanie)
3:15–4:45 pm Workshop: Magickal Alphabets, Runic Languages, and the Magic of Symbolism (with Tarrent)
For this 200-level workshop Young Adult & Occult will host a lecture and discussion about Languages, Alphabets, and Symbology and how they apply to modern Pagans. This workshop is a very broad topic for all experience levels with the intention of being a starting point for deeper research and learning.
5:00 pm Community Announcements followed by...
Zoom Ritual: Visiting with the Beloved Dead (online with Jayson)
Join us as we honor those who have died over the last year, and spend joyful time with a loved one who has passed.
6:00 pm Zoom Closing Circle (with Robert)
6:30 pm Zoom meeting closes
Descriptions of In-Person events:
6:45 pm Gather in person at Meridian Playground park
7:00 pm In-Person Ritual: Grief into Growth (with Stephanie)
We gather in the autumn darkness to remember our beloved dead and ask for our Ancestors' guidance as we enter the dark time of the year.
We will meet at Meridian Playfield, inside the park near the entrance at the corner of N 50th St and Meridian Ave N. The in-person ritual will happen regardless of weather, so please dress for conditions. We ask that those participating in-person wear masks while we are gathered.
Where to meet in Meridian Playground park:
In addition to our virtual programming this month, we are meeting at Meridian Playground park in Seattle for an in-person ritual.
Meridian Playground - Parks | seattle.gov
4649 Sunnyside Ave. N, Seattle, WA 98103
- We will meet at Meridian Playfield, inside the park near the entrance at the corner of N 50th St and Meridian Ave N.
- The in-person ritual will happen regardless of weather, so please dress for conditions.
- We ask that those participating in-person wear masks while we are gathered.
Wanna chat between events?
Join us on the new OLOTEAS Discord server!
A Note About the OLOTEAS Parents, Etc. Facebook group:
For the parents in our community, if you are not already a member, you may be interested in joining the OLOTEAS Parents, Etc. group, where we will be sharing resources for education and entertainment for the kiddos who are stuck at home. This group is ONLY for family members of children in the OLOTEAS community, and is a private group. To join, please send a friend request to the OLOTEAS Pastor FB account (not the FB group), and also send a DM requesting membership. You will then receive an invitation to join the group.
Also see the GROWING UP PAGAN lesson plans and activity outlines available on our website now.
Our virtual Healing Temple webpage is always open with resources for self-care and finding support.
Our Lady of the Earth and Sky
Mailing address: 12345 Lake City Way NE #195 Seattle, WA 98125-5401
Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/oloteas/
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/oloteas/
Email: OLOTEAS (at) oloteas (dot) org